Monday, February 15, 2010

36 Weeks!

3 weeks and 2 days remain until my due date... And I am so excited!!

I will admit, these past few weeks have been very hard for me. I have a ton of emotions and they have been very hard to compartmentalize and move on! (At this moment I am hearing the Jamie Foxx song "Blame it on the Alcohol", but instead of alcohol I am hearing HORMONES haha) I am just anxious, aggravated, miserable, excited, happy- all at the same time, how can that be possible? Today driving into work I was feeling really down and not very excited about starting the work week. Mostly, because I am tired and have nausea and heartburn creeping back in and it would be much easier for me to stay in bed and rest my feet! I guess I was mostly just feeling bad for myself! So when I got to work, I was reading http://www.babycenter.com/, a weekly read for me, and I came across a great article and made me realize what this is really about and I should soak up these last few weeks and be thankful that God has given me the blessing of carrying a child. These last few weeks I need to take this life in and enjoy to small things like having Ryan to myself (instead of bickering at him), because when Presley comes she will be his girl too, Love Roxy and Kyson a little more, I need to do what I want when I want because after Presley it is her schedule, I need to enjoy long showers, rest when I feel like resting, watch TV etc... Because it won't be like this for long!! Here is the list from the article:

1. You finally stop to smell the roses, because your baby is in your arms.
2. Where you once believed you were fearless, you now find yourself afraid.
3. The sacrifices you thought you made to have a child no longer seem like sacrifices.
4. You respect your body ... finally.
5. You respect your parents and love them in a new way.
6. You find that your baby's pain feels much worse than your own.
7. You believe once again in the things you believed in as a child.
8. You lose touch with the people in your life whom you should have banished years ago.
9. Your heart breaks much more easily.
10. You think of someone else 234,836,178,976 times a day.
11. Every day is a surprise.
12. Bodily functions are no longer repulsive. In fact, they please you. (Hooray for poop!)
13. You look at your baby in the mirror instead of yourself.
14. You become a morning person.
15. Your love becomes limitless, a superhuman power.

Other things in Life!

Ryan started a new job at Navy Federal Credit Union last Monday! HOORAY!! He is very excited about the opportunities that the company has to offer. It makes me happy to see him excited to get up and go to work :) Not to mention, the perfect timing.

We did our tax return last night and we are getting back almost $2,000.00, talk about excited! For the past 3 years, we had to pay!! I guess we are just getting all our money back!

Now, I am a true believer in old wives tales and they say good things happen in 3's- That means the only thing lacking is our baby girl!! :) Come on Presley!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! You're so close! And you're totally right about soaking it all in. At the end, all you want is for it to be over and to have your baby. My biggest regret is that I didn't take time to soak it all in. Everything is about to be on fast forward, hope you're ready! And now, that I've written a novel, Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It is so hard to just let it happen- I am sure you understand! I don't know if you are ever ready, but I am sure ready to try =)

    ReplyDelete