Friday, October 23, 2009

20 Weeks

This week we reached the halfway point!! 20 weeks down...20 weeks to go! This week we had a doctor's appointment and everything went smoothly. I have gained 10 pounds total- the doctor said that is perfect and my blood pressure was normal. We heard Presley's heartbeat and the doctor said, "Sounds like a Happy baby, and we like happy babies" ;) Let's hope that attitude continues when she arrives!
Around this week the baby weighs 10 1/2 ounces and is 6 1/2 inches long, about the length of a banana from head to foot. Before this week, the baby has always been measured from head to bottom.

Symptoms:

Lower back pain- This just started two days ago, and man it is a killer. From what I read if I change my sleeping position and put pillows behind my back it should help relieve some of the pressure at night... I will keep you posted.

Night sweats- These happen a few times a week, but isn't too bad.

Increased appetitite- Hungry a lot... and I like to eat bigger meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. According to the "books" I will start gaining about a pound a week in the coming weeks... watch out food.

Other than that, nothing to complain about. I am feeling good with lots of energy.

HOUSE UPDATE:

The House is coming along. The outside is compeletly finished =) and they have started the sheetrock. The painters will be able to start by next wednesday. We are still on track for a Thanksgiving finsh- crossing my fingers!

I can't wait for the house to be finished so I can start on the nursery. We bought the bedding and the crib, and are looking for the rest of the furniture, but that can wait until next year when we get all the house expenses out of the way.

Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment